Energy Efficient Home Improvement Tax Credit For 2011

Posted By DEMILEC || 13-Jan-2012

Applying For The 2011 Tax Credit?

tax form It’s Here! Time to file your 2011 Taxes! If you had any of DEMILEC (USA)’s energy efficient spray foam insulation products installed in 2011, you qualify for the Energy Efficient home Improvement Tax Credit as long as you meet the requirements set by the IRS (see below).

To claim the energy efficient products tax credit, you’ll need to complete IRS Form 5695 and it should be sent in with your return. Additionally, you will need to save the receipt received from your spray foam contractor and the Manufacturer's Certification Statement.

Energy Efficient Home Improvement Tax Credit For 2011 Federal Tax Credit qualification badge

  • Home improvement tax credit: 10% of cost of the home improvement, up to a maximum of $500.
  • Eligibility: Must be on an existing home & your principal residence. New construction and rentals don’t qualify. The spray foam insulation has to be placed in service in 2011.

So you can receive at most a home improvement tax credit of $500. If you’ve already received credits totaling $500 or more from 2005-2010, you aren’t able to claim the credit for 2011.

Is Spray Foam Insulation Eligible For The 2011 Home Improvement Tax Credit?

  • Spray foam insulation is covered so long as it meets IECC requirements.
  • Installation cost is NOT covered.
Visit to find out if there are any state incentives for renewables and efficiency in your area.

Contact Us Today For More Information

Name: *
Which best describes you?
Submit Information